I’m also very controlling about the water use in my yard and you should be too — water is a precious commodity here in Colorado! A drip irrigation system is well suited to the Control Freak because it is efficient, effective and versatile.
Have you ever watched your neighbors in their garden and wondered what are they doing? And why are they doing that!? You might not be my literal neighbor, but I invite you to peek into my garden and see what I’m doing. In my blog I will answer those questions!
I consider myself a plant collector. My son calls me a “plant hoarder” but I think that’s a bit extreme! He might be right when I consider these symptoms:
- I sometimes sneak plants home from the nursery and hide them in my work area until I have time to plant them.
- I’ve been known to put a stem trimming from a public garden in my pocket and then try to root it myself at home. (You should keep an eye on me if I’m visiting your garden!)
- I’ve never passed up a packet of free seeds.
- When my perennials need dividing, I have a very hard time parting with any of the divisions. I usually find someone who will take them (Iris rhizomes, Daffodil bulbs, pieces of Salvia or Catmint) but I’m not sure I trust they’ll take care of my plants.
- I have literally cried and cursed when a plant died.
- Each year in mid- to late-summer, I realize that I have more yard work than my aching back can handle and that some of my plants are truly neglected.
Whether I’m collecting plants or hoarding them, I spend a lot of time in my yard and garden. Follow my blog and decide for yourself! I’ll tell you what I’m doing and why and I’ll also honestly tell you what I should be doing and try to come up with good excuses for not getting those tasks done!